Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Make an Enquiry
Call us Now!
+91-9820399296
Our Studio Locations

View QuickstepSALSA Centre Locations in a larger map
Latest topics
» Body Isolations and Coordination by Burju
Had a good time..!!! EmptyTue Apr 08, 2014 12:04 am by renata

» Amazing spinning videos
Had a good time..!!! EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 10:27 pm by billymarsh

» International Salsa Greats
Had a good time..!!! EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 10:24 pm by billymarsh

» Movies about ballroom/latin dancing?
Had a good time..!!! EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 10:22 pm by billymarsh

» Dance Floor Etiquette
Had a good time..!!! EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 11:12 pm by billymarsh

» Dancing On1 and On2 compared
Had a good time..!!! EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 11:09 pm by billymarsh

» Why won't men ask me to dance?
Had a good time..!!! EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 11:05 pm by billymarsh

» Intro :)
Had a good time..!!! EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 11:46 am by Gaurav

» INTRODUCTION
Had a good time..!!! EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 2:22 pm by Alpa Antani

» Tips on Choreography (group performances)
Had a good time..!!! EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 2:24 pm by sangeeta

» Spinning Techniques
Had a good time..!!! EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 12:58 pm by bhakti

» hello to all
Had a good time..!!! EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 2:08 pm by bhakti

» EVENTS COMING UP IN JUNE!
Had a good time..!!! EmptyMon May 16, 2011 3:17 pm by sangeeta

» SOCIAL DANCING vs. CHOREOGRAPHY
Had a good time..!!! EmptyMon May 16, 2011 3:03 pm by sangeeta

» Miss The Wonderful Classes
Had a good time..!!! EmptyMon May 09, 2011 12:33 pm by sangeeta

Video of the day

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 168 on Wed May 15, 2019 5:23 am
Donations

If your heart permits, click on the picture to donate a little and keep our site high quality and Ad-free
Site Visitors
centerpointe

Had a good time..!!!

4 posters

Go down

Had a good time..!!! Empty Had a good time..!!!

Post  Priyank Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:57 pm

By far the best session till date for me.....and i guess for others too.......the combinations were easy to follow.....tempo/pace was managable.....besides a lot of "clear-cut" basic steps........with easy and managable spot turns and cross body turns......faced no incidences of "grappling" for the ladies hands after the cross body turns and actually loosing contact (thanks to the last sessions' lady instructor who taught me the right way of holding a ladies hand before preparing her for a spin)......moreover I guess Anand was very patient with us this time.......and broke each and every step till the last and minutest "thread".....hats off to you Anand......though the combinations were extemporous (freshly chopped, assorted, baked/cooked right in front of us).....they were the best.....I guess I did the conbinations right for atleast 85% to 90% of the times.......and concentrated strongly on my basic steps this time....which bore fruitful results........!!!! Also the best piece of advice that came from you "Anand" was....."Always complete your basic steps (i.e. 1,2,3...5,6,7..) before moving on"......"and don't rush/hasten"......this actually helped me alot in gaining a little more confidence and also lead the lady better.......moreover I have now stopped doing the "oral-counting" and have started doing the mental counting while trying to match it with the music......this helps me to understand the salsa music better and sway to the beats and rhythm.....also I would suggest others too to listen to the Salsa Audio CD provided to us by Quickstep Salsa as often as possible to identify the hidden clave and thumba rhythms......coz I do listen to it most of the times.....!!!

Bye for now....all of you on the forum have a wonderful weekend.....and yes.....keep practicing....!!!!
Priyank
Priyank
Trusty Member
Trusty Member

Male
Number of posts : 14
Job/hobbies : Job: Banker, Hobbies: well...travelling, dancing, sketching, origami and adventure sports
Humor : generally friendly & quick-witted....sometimes sarcastic....!!!
My Salsa Skill Level :
Had a good time..!!! Left_bar_bleue1 / 1001 / 100Had a good time..!!! Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-04-26

Back to top Go down

Had a good time..!!! Empty Re: Had a good time..!!!

Post  meenakshi Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:54 pm

Priyank You truely deserve an applause for posting these wonderful summaries of the sessions you attend. I am sure you not only help the other students but all the instructors as well ,on how they can make themselves better.I also agree to the fact that if you learn something, learn it well, only then will you enjoy what you do.....

HATS OFF TO YOU AND KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK.

Happy Dancing...........

Regards,
Meenakshi
meenakshi
meenakshi
Excellent Member
Excellent Member

Female
Number of posts : 189
Job/hobbies : Architecture,Dance and travel........
Humor : Friendly, sometimes witty
My Salsa Skill Level :
Had a good time..!!! Left_bar_bleue1 / 1001 / 100Had a good time..!!! Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-11-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Priyank Fri May 01, 2009 12:24 am

Thanks Meenakshi....for those truly encouraging words......I really don't know how much I deserve them.......but I definitely need them......!!!!!
Priyank
Priyank
Trusty Member
Trusty Member

Male
Number of posts : 14
Job/hobbies : Job: Banker, Hobbies: well...travelling, dancing, sketching, origami and adventure sports
Humor : generally friendly & quick-witted....sometimes sarcastic....!!!
My Salsa Skill Level :

Registration date : 2009-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post  AnandMajumdar Sun May 03, 2009 12:44 am

dear priyank and meenu,

good to see you guys at the forum.. trying to kick up some action.. im trying to innovate everyday to come up with new moves and combos and challenge myself...

lots of love and keep posting

anand
AnandMajumdar
AnandMajumdar
Founder - QuickstepSALSA Forum
Founder - QuickstepSALSA Forum

Male
Number of posts : 549
Job/hobbies : Salsa Teacher
My Salsa Skill Level :
Had a good time..!!! Left_bar_bleue50 / 10050 / 100Had a good time..!!! Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-08-13

http://www.anandmajumdar.com

Back to top Go down

Had a good time..!!! Empty you are certainly right priyank.......... thanks Anand....

Post  vivek0712 Mon May 04, 2009 1:55 am

Priyank wrote:By far the best session till date for me.....and i guess for others too.......the combinations were easy to follow.....tempo/pace was managable.....besides a lot of "clear-cut" basic steps........with easy and managable spot turns and cross body turns......faced no incidences of "grappling" for the ladies hands after the cross body turns and actually loosing contact (thanks to the last sessions' lady instructor who taught me the right way of holding a ladies hand before preparing her for a spin)......moreover I guess Anand was very patient with us this time.......and broke each and every step till the last and minutest "thread".....hats off to you Anand......though the combinations were extemporous (freshly chopped, assorted, baked/cooked right in front of us).....they were the best.....I guess I did the conbinations right for atleast 85% to 90% of the times.......and concentrated strongly on my basic steps this time....which bore fruitful results........!!!! Also the best piece of advice that came from you "Anand" was....."Always complete your basic steps (i.e. 1,2,3...5,6,7..) before moving on"......"and don't rush/hasten"......this actually helped me alot in gaining a little more confidence and also lead the lady better.......moreover I have now stopped doing the "oral-counting" and have started doing the mental counting while trying to match it with the music......this helps me to understand the salsa music better and sway to the beats and rhythm.....also I would suggest others too to listen to the Salsa Audio CD provided to us by Quickstep Salsa as often as possible to identify the hidden clave and thumba rhythms......coz I do listen to it most of the times.....!!!

Bye for now....all of you on the forum have a wonderful weekend.....and yes.....keep practicing....!!!!
vivek0712
vivek0712

Male
Number of posts : 2
Job/hobbies : Asset Management
Humor : :-)
My Salsa Skill Level :
Had a good time..!!! Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100Had a good time..!!! Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-05-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down