Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Make an Enquiry
Call us Now!
+91-9820399296
Our Studio Locations

View QuickstepSALSA Centre Locations in a larger map
Latest topics
» Body Isolations and Coordination by Burju
Reasons why you should be dancing salsa at Quickstep EmptyTue Apr 08, 2014 12:04 am by renata

» Amazing spinning videos
Reasons why you should be dancing salsa at Quickstep EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 10:27 pm by billymarsh

» International Salsa Greats
Reasons why you should be dancing salsa at Quickstep EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 10:24 pm by billymarsh

» Movies about ballroom/latin dancing?
Reasons why you should be dancing salsa at Quickstep EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 10:22 pm by billymarsh

» Dance Floor Etiquette
Reasons why you should be dancing salsa at Quickstep EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 11:12 pm by billymarsh

» Dancing On1 and On2 compared
Reasons why you should be dancing salsa at Quickstep EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 11:09 pm by billymarsh

» Why won't men ask me to dance?
Reasons why you should be dancing salsa at Quickstep EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 11:05 pm by billymarsh

» Intro :)
Reasons why you should be dancing salsa at Quickstep EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 11:46 am by Gaurav

» INTRODUCTION
Reasons why you should be dancing salsa at Quickstep EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 2:22 pm by Alpa Antani

» Tips on Choreography (group performances)
Reasons why you should be dancing salsa at Quickstep EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 2:24 pm by sangeeta

» Spinning Techniques
Reasons why you should be dancing salsa at Quickstep EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 12:58 pm by bhakti

» hello to all
Reasons why you should be dancing salsa at Quickstep EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 2:08 pm by bhakti

» EVENTS COMING UP IN JUNE!
Reasons why you should be dancing salsa at Quickstep EmptyMon May 16, 2011 3:17 pm by sangeeta

» SOCIAL DANCING vs. CHOREOGRAPHY
Reasons why you should be dancing salsa at Quickstep EmptyMon May 16, 2011 3:03 pm by sangeeta

» Miss The Wonderful Classes
Reasons why you should be dancing salsa at Quickstep EmptyMon May 09, 2011 12:33 pm by sangeeta

Video of the day

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 168 on Wed May 15, 2019 5:23 am
Donations

If your heart permits, click on the picture to donate a little and keep our site high quality and Ad-free
Site Visitors
centerpointe

Reasons why you should be dancing salsa at Quickstep

2 posters

Go down

Reasons why you should be dancing salsa at Quickstep Empty Reasons why you should be dancing salsa at Quickstep

Post  kumar Sat Oct 25, 2008 3:24 pm

Salsa Dancing. What is it that makes it popular today? Why is it that people who salsa seems to be happier, in better shape and in a better mood compared to others? From these questions we see that there are two major roles dancing salsa plays in people’s lives: they are healthier and they have a great social life.

We all know, having heard or read somewhere, about the health benefits of dancing. Here are some of the more prominent ones to be considered:

•It’s a great cardio activity that is fun; it’s a lot easier to spend three hours dancing than it is to spend forty five minutes on the treadmill.
•You burn 450 calories per hour while dancing. Isn’t that amazing?
•Your balance and posture improves.
•You loose weight.
•Your flexibility increases.
•It helps develop better circulation.
•You will have better coordination.
•You gain long-lasting energy as your metabolism increases.
•It helps you work through or reduce other major health problems (e.g., depression).

So if these reasons alone aren’t enough to understand why people pick up salsa dancing, let’s analyze the social aspect of it. We all come from different walks of life; some better than others, but for the most part the one thing people mutually seek is the feeling of being important, of having a purpose and belonging somewhere (e.g., to a community or group of people with common interests or goals). That is where dancing comes in: the means to a better end, building confidence and a sense of self that will drastically improve your quality of life. So how does salsa dancing at Quickstep help fulfill this ultimate goal?

Here it goes: Salsa dancing at Quickstep…

Inspires in you a positive attitude towards your daily life.
Okay, I understand that you don’t want to become the greatest dancer, but dancing helps shift and balance your mental state to a positive one. The best way to achieve this is by doing it often. Since dancing and the social contact uplift the spirit, if done regularly, it helps your life to become that way (positive, happier). Your daily activities become more pleasant as your overall mood is uplifted through dancing salsa at Quickstep. No wonder people say that dancing changes lives. I’ll say it better: “At Quickstep-Dancing changes attitudes; positive attitudes change lives.”

Helps you to meet new friends.
So here are a couple of questions for you: How many long-lasting friends did you make the last time you went to a social gathering? Or a bar (the bartender doesn’t count)? Here is the answer: NONE. Salsa dancing at Quickstep is the perfect social ground for new friendships. You know why? Because from the go, you already know you both have something in common, something that you can talk about. You also get to dance face to face and are able to exchange a small conversation as you dance. This contact is the perfect beginning for a more developed conversation, which usually involves more people. And guess what, these people also like salsa.

You increase your self-esteem and confidence.
If you are shy, this is the safest place to interact with people. The Quickstep community is an open and extremely friendly one. From the moment you walk in the door, you will feel welcomed – it’s that easy. As you learn how to dance, you find yourself in a situation that is fun, open, and energizing. Don’t forget watching yourself lose weight, learn how to move well on the dance floor, and constantly improve is an enormous boost in confidence.This sense of accomplishment is something that you will take with you from the Quickstep into your daily life; you will be able to watch as the wonders that come from dancing salsa at Quickstep spread through your life, turning everything they touch to gold!

So here they are before you: the greatest reasons why people pick up salsa dancing at Quickstep, as their life-changing hobbies. These are their reasons for doing it.

All you have to do is sign up/ stay associated at Quickstep, and you will thank me later when I’m in the crowd watching you tear it up on the dance floor. Have a happy journey through the world of salsa dancing at Quickstep!

Kumar
kumar
kumar
Cool Member
Cool Member

Male
Number of posts : 42
My Salsa Skill Level :
Reasons why you should be dancing salsa at Quickstep Left_bar_bleue50 / 10050 / 100Reasons why you should be dancing salsa at Quickstep Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-08-29

Back to top Go down

Reasons why you should be dancing salsa at Quickstep Empty Re: Reasons why you should be dancing salsa at Quickstep

Post  Saket Fri Oct 31, 2008 4:12 pm

I absolutely agree...
Saket
Saket
Trusty Member
Trusty Member

Male
Number of posts : 49
Job/hobbies : Writing
My Salsa Skill Level :
Reasons why you should be dancing salsa at Quickstep Left_bar_bleue30 / 10030 / 100Reasons why you should be dancing salsa at Quickstep Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-08-27

Back to top Go down