Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Make an Enquiry
Call us Now!
+91-9820399296
Our Studio Locations

View QuickstepSALSA Centre Locations in a larger map
Latest topics
» Body Isolations and Coordination by Burju
What common problems do Men face in salsa? EmptyTue Apr 08, 2014 12:04 am by renata

» Amazing spinning videos
What common problems do Men face in salsa? EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 10:27 pm by billymarsh

» International Salsa Greats
What common problems do Men face in salsa? EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 10:24 pm by billymarsh

» Movies about ballroom/latin dancing?
What common problems do Men face in salsa? EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 10:22 pm by billymarsh

» Dance Floor Etiquette
What common problems do Men face in salsa? EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 11:12 pm by billymarsh

» Dancing On1 and On2 compared
What common problems do Men face in salsa? EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 11:09 pm by billymarsh

» Why won't men ask me to dance?
What common problems do Men face in salsa? EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 11:05 pm by billymarsh

» Intro :)
What common problems do Men face in salsa? EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 11:46 am by Gaurav

» INTRODUCTION
What common problems do Men face in salsa? EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 2:22 pm by Alpa Antani

» Tips on Choreography (group performances)
What common problems do Men face in salsa? EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 2:24 pm by sangeeta

» Spinning Techniques
What common problems do Men face in salsa? EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 12:58 pm by bhakti

» hello to all
What common problems do Men face in salsa? EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 2:08 pm by bhakti

» EVENTS COMING UP IN JUNE!
What common problems do Men face in salsa? EmptyMon May 16, 2011 3:17 pm by sangeeta

» SOCIAL DANCING vs. CHOREOGRAPHY
What common problems do Men face in salsa? EmptyMon May 16, 2011 3:03 pm by sangeeta

» Miss The Wonderful Classes
What common problems do Men face in salsa? EmptyMon May 09, 2011 12:33 pm by sangeeta

Video of the day

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 168 on Wed May 15, 2019 5:23 am
Donations

If your heart permits, click on the picture to donate a little and keep our site high quality and Ad-free
Site Visitors
centerpointe

What common problems do Men face in salsa?

+6
Saket
samird
Varada
E.S.Mahesh
baby
latina
10 posters

Go down

What common problems do Men face in salsa? Empty What common problems do Men face in salsa?

Post  latina Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:12 am

Guys please comment on this as to what common problems do men face during a dance...
It could be anything from not being able to understand or follow the music, beats or counts.. Or maybe knowing the steps but dancing off time.. Or problem in remembering moves or sequence of a move combination or maybe ladies leading themselves or ladies being too stiff or rigid.. Or it could be anything else..
In order to be successful at something we first need to figure out what we need to do and then find out the correct way and means of doing it.. And then find out as to where we are going wrong... If we can concentrate on and correct that area where we are going wrong then the journey becomes very smooth to reach the destination!! Smile Applying this gyan here if the guys figure out their key problem areas and work on it then it will surely help.. So both guys and gals kindly comment your views on this...

latina

Female
Number of posts : 51
My Salsa Skill Level :
What common problems do Men face in salsa? Left_bar_bleue1 / 1001 / 100What common problems do Men face in salsa? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-09-14

Back to top Go down

What common problems do Men face in salsa? Empty Re: What common problems do Men face in salsa?

Post  Guest Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:24 am

the main prob v all guys face is dat.... many a tyms girls leads thmslvs:x . i remembr once a gal ws leadng hrslf while dancng wid me nd sh jst led hr in d wrng mannr nd broke my hnd... Sad

Back to top Go down

What common problems do Men face in salsa? Empty Re: What common problems do Men face in salsa?

Post  baby Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:35 am

The Main and Common problem to Confuse the Guys r the Gals.

Yes coz we always take our leads in a robotic manner, wherein we dont care the need to understand whether the guys leading us right or wrong. doing this we not only fool ourselfs but also leave the guys confused that what they did was right or wrong.

We gals r not giving the guys time to focus on their leading techinques, and this is very wrong coz this way the guy will not learn to lead and then in future if he had to dance with some excellent dancer who just follows leads, then he wornt be able to lead her coz he will asume that she may lead herself.

Kai

baby
Excellent Member
Excellent Member

Female
Number of posts : 183
Job/hobbies : Chorographer, Travel Tour Cordinator, & Party Organiser
Humor : Live Life King Size
My Salsa Skill Level :
What common problems do Men face in salsa? Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100What common problems do Men face in salsa? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-09-01

Back to top Go down

Post  latina Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:56 am

I agree.. A very common problem is that very often ladies anticipating the moves lead themselves irrespective of what the guy is leading her for or whether he is leading right or wrongly...

latina

Female
Number of posts : 51
My Salsa Skill Level :
What common problems do Men face in salsa? Left_bar_bleue1 / 1001 / 100What common problems do Men face in salsa? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-09-14

Back to top Go down

What common problems do Men face in salsa? Empty What common problems do Men face in salsa?

Post  E.S.Mahesh Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:40 am

First and foremost,

Inviting girl to dance...,
How to withstand the 'No thank you " from the Senorita..
E.S.Mahesh
E.S.Mahesh

Male
Number of posts : 100
Job/hobbies : Civil structural Engineer, Hobbies - Reading , Football, and yoga.. and SALSA
Humor : All my jokes are on me..I like to laugh at myself..
My Salsa Skill Level :
What common problems do Men face in salsa? Left_bar_bleue6 / 1006 / 100What common problems do Men face in salsa? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Varada Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:39 pm

ouch...now tht is difficult...but then i guess one could ask a girl who was in the same class or with whom there is some small acquaintance ...it becomes difficult for the girl to refuse in such a case.

Varada

Female
Number of posts : 139
Humor : wry sense of humor
My Salsa Skill Level :

Registration date : 2008-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post  samird Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:41 pm

problems in class:

different levels of understanding of the female partners

different heights !

different looks ... I mean that as a compliment .. if the partner is too 'hot' its difficult to remember the steps Razz

different sharpness of heels (ouch) , especially after the last comment im expectinga bit of violence Laughing

anand dances only with the girls (hey , dont doubt my inclinations , i mean that if there was a female anand who danced with us ...)

problems in a club

lack of confidence due to the circumastances; ie music too loud , too dark , too many good dancers around , unsure of steps , fear of rejection and ridicule
samird
samird
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male
Number of posts : 136
Job/hobbies : movies , music obviously dance!
Humor : often unintentional!
My Salsa Skill Level :
What common problems do Men face in salsa? Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100What common problems do Men face in salsa? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Saket Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:02 pm

I find performing Titanic difficult with any non-quickstep girl......
Saket
Saket
Trusty Member
Trusty Member

Male
Number of posts : 49
Job/hobbies : Writing
My Salsa Skill Level :
What common problems do Men face in salsa? Left_bar_bleue30 / 10030 / 100What common problems do Men face in salsa? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-08-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Kingshuk Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:46 pm

E.S.Mahesh wrote:First and foremost,

Inviting girl to dance...,
How to withstand the 'No thank you " from the Senorita..

Mahesh, so now that Varada has advised, we get to see you asking ladies for the dance at Bollywood Mischief pirat

Actually I have seem more guys have a problem to even go ahead and ask in the first place silent
Kingshuk
Kingshuk

Male
Number of posts : 46
Job/hobbies : Msic, Dancing, Reading, Foooood !
Humor : Witty
My Salsa Skill Level :
What common problems do Men face in salsa? Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100What common problems do Men face in salsa? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post  sangeeta Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:22 pm

Well this goes out to all the guys who say that they face problems when girls anticipate the lead and end up leading themselves....the best solution for this is to go out often and dance with non-quickstep girls. This will help a lot...and it will improve your leading skills.

This goes out to Samir, and every other guy who goes to a club, looks at the more experienced dancers around them, and ends up feeling low and looses his confidence: note that I used 'more experienced' dancers and not 'better' dancers...because these dancers were once in your position too..they have only gotten as good as they are because they went out and practiced. So don't look at them and loose your confidence...look at them as motivation. And it doesn't matter what level you have reached in salsa...it is the confidence you carry yourself with and your personality that matters.
(I can only say all this because I too used to get depressed seeing the more experienced dancers in clubs. The first time i went for a Salsa night in the US...I was so overwhelmed by all the dancers there...I felt so depressed and thought I could never be as good and I just left!! But then I went again and again and made a point to dance no matter what...and you know what? I got lots of confidence and learnt a lot and had lots of fun!!)
So just open up, cease the moment, and don't give a shit about who is around you or who is watching you...just DANCE.
Don't dance for anybody else...dance for yourself.

And incase you are rejected by any girl...don't worry...it is her loss...move to the next. There are many fish in the pond.
sangeeta
sangeeta

Female
Number of posts : 127
Job/hobbies : dancing, acting, travelling, reading
My Salsa Skill Level :
What common problems do Men face in salsa? Left_bar_bleue35 / 10035 / 100What common problems do Men face in salsa? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post  baby Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:34 am

sangeeta wrote:Well this goes out to all the guys who say that they face problems when girls anticipate the lead and end up leading themselves....the best solution for this is to go out often and dance with non-quickstep girls. This will help a lot...and it will improve your leading skills.

This goes out to Samir, and every other guy who goes to a club, looks at the more experienced dancers around them, and ends up feeling low and looses his confidence: note that I used 'more experienced' dancers and not 'better' dancers...because these dancers were once in your position too..they have only gotten as good as they are because they went out and practiced. So don't look at them and loose your confidence...look at them as motivation. And it doesn't matter what level you have reached in salsa...it is the confidence you carry yourself with and your personality that matters.
(I can only say all this because I too used to get depressed seeing the more experienced dancers in clubs. The first time i went for a Salsa night in the US...I was so overwhelmed by all the dancers there...I felt so depressed and thought I could never be as good and I just left!! But then I went again and again and made a point to dance no matter what...and you know what? I got lots of confidence and learnt a lot and had lots of fun!!)
So just open up, cease the moment, and don't give a shit about who is around you or who is watching you...just DANCE.
Don't dance for anybody else...dance for yourself.

And incase you are rejected by any girl...don't worry...it is her loss...move to the next. There are many fish in the pond.

well said sangeeta v.true
its just that u got to be confident even if ur a new comer in the dance field, coz when ur dancing in a club or parties or even stage performance let it be any form of dance, the fornt person can never make out ur doing a mistake until u make it prominent to them. Salsa ya when u dancing with a experienced dancer, then its better u take it light n dont try complicating stuffs on them until u can do those move with closed eyes.

kai

baby
Excellent Member
Excellent Member

Female
Number of posts : 183
Job/hobbies : Chorographer, Travel Tour Cordinator, & Party Organiser
Humor : Live Life King Size
My Salsa Skill Level :
What common problems do Men face in salsa? Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100What common problems do Men face in salsa? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-09-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:45 am

I agree with all the points mentioned above, and I too face them. I face them too:

1. Bad breath - Yes! Though only few females have this attribute, but they smell bad!
2. Less space to dance efficiently. Some moves require slightly more space on the dance floor.
3. Inability to talk on a loud music. Quite a few times, bit and bytes are needed to exchange verbally (for dance, not to chat/woo) while dancing!

Back to top Go down

Post  Kingshuk Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:33 pm

Well, Bollywood Mischeif was my first Salsa night, where I actually danced.. and did get rogered big time, but I will say this, I did hit the floor a couple of times...after the first time, was more confident to hit it a second time...

So Sangeeta, thanks Smile

And Salsa is about having fun, not watch others having fun... so lets go ahead and dance..have fun !
Kingshuk
Kingshuk

Male
Number of posts : 46
Job/hobbies : Msic, Dancing, Reading, Foooood !
Humor : Witty
My Salsa Skill Level :
What common problems do Men face in salsa? Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100What common problems do Men face in salsa? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post  DJ - Deva Jyotula Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:41 am

girls lead themselves............

might be cos of my inability to lead....... as i m a beginner.
DJ - Deva Jyotula
DJ - Deva Jyotula

Male
Number of posts : 201
Job/hobbies : Travelling, Photography, treks n driving.....
Humor : sarcastic.. lol
My Salsa Skill Level :

Registration date : 2008-11-13

http://mindyourownbusiness.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Saket Fri Dec 26, 2008 5:57 pm

Its funny but sometimes after end of any combination girls take their hand behind men's neck without any lead and then lead themselves for a cross body lead! Surprised
Saket
Saket
Trusty Member
Trusty Member

Male
Number of posts : 49
Job/hobbies : Writing
My Salsa Skill Level :
What common problems do Men face in salsa? Left_bar_bleue30 / 10030 / 100What common problems do Men face in salsa? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-08-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Farhang Sat Dec 27, 2008 4:06 am

well i used to face problems of forgetting the moves and then doing the same move over and over again made it borin for me.. but nw gettin better slowly slowly as i practice more and attend more salsa nites..
Farhang
Farhang
Trusty Member
Trusty Member

Male
Number of posts : 60
Job/hobbies : Salsa ;-) gyming,swimming,tennis,squash etc..
Humor : dry,sarcastic,naughty
My Salsa Skill Level :
What common problems do Men face in salsa? Left_bar_bleue10 / 10010 / 100What common problems do Men face in salsa? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:36 pm

d most common prob. a man face in salsa is gal leadin herself. while dancin many a tyms gal lead thmselves so d man is unable 2 do wat he wants.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down