Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Make an Enquiry
Call us Now!
+91-9820399296
Our Studio Locations

View QuickstepSALSA Centre Locations in a larger map
Latest topics
» Body Isolations and Coordination by Burju
Acting Course with Opportunity to act in a real play and be on stage EmptyTue Apr 08, 2014 12:04 am by renata

» Amazing spinning videos
Acting Course with Opportunity to act in a real play and be on stage EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 10:27 pm by billymarsh

» International Salsa Greats
Acting Course with Opportunity to act in a real play and be on stage EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 10:24 pm by billymarsh

» Movies about ballroom/latin dancing?
Acting Course with Opportunity to act in a real play and be on stage EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 10:22 pm by billymarsh

» Dance Floor Etiquette
Acting Course with Opportunity to act in a real play and be on stage EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 11:12 pm by billymarsh

» Dancing On1 and On2 compared
Acting Course with Opportunity to act in a real play and be on stage EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 11:09 pm by billymarsh

» Why won't men ask me to dance?
Acting Course with Opportunity to act in a real play and be on stage EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 11:05 pm by billymarsh

» Intro :)
Acting Course with Opportunity to act in a real play and be on stage EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 11:46 am by Gaurav

» INTRODUCTION
Acting Course with Opportunity to act in a real play and be on stage EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 2:22 pm by Alpa Antani

» Tips on Choreography (group performances)
Acting Course with Opportunity to act in a real play and be on stage EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 2:24 pm by sangeeta

» Spinning Techniques
Acting Course with Opportunity to act in a real play and be on stage EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 12:58 pm by bhakti

» hello to all
Acting Course with Opportunity to act in a real play and be on stage EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 2:08 pm by bhakti

» EVENTS COMING UP IN JUNE!
Acting Course with Opportunity to act in a real play and be on stage EmptyMon May 16, 2011 3:17 pm by sangeeta

» SOCIAL DANCING vs. CHOREOGRAPHY
Acting Course with Opportunity to act in a real play and be on stage EmptyMon May 16, 2011 3:03 pm by sangeeta

» Miss The Wonderful Classes
Acting Course with Opportunity to act in a real play and be on stage EmptyMon May 09, 2011 12:33 pm by sangeeta

Video of the day

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 168 on Wed May 15, 2019 5:23 am
Donations

If your heart permits, click on the picture to donate a little and keep our site high quality and Ad-free
Site Visitors
centerpointe

Acting Course with Opportunity to act in a real play and be on stage

5 posters

Go down

Acting Course with Opportunity to act in a real play and be on stage Empty Acting Course with Opportunity to act in a real play and be on stage

Post  sangeeta Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:26 pm

Dear All,

For the first time in the history of Quickstep, we are starting with an acting course and theatre division..

We are starting with a comprehensive acting course which will span 3-4 months , thrice a week..

Instead of just being theory based, we will actually be rehearsing for a play which has already achieved success in delhi and other cities.. At the end of it, we will put the play together and perform shows , first all over mumbai and then other parts of the country and the world..

In mumbai we are planning to tie up with auditoriums like St. andrews, prithvi theatre and rangsharda or NCPA.. The writer and director is an accomplished and experienced gentleman who will put in a lot of effort with the whole enterprise..

If u are interested in registering for the course then you will need to come for an audition and upon selection, you will need to pay the fees for the course and be explained all the details..

The Writer and Director of the course and play will be MR RAJAT BANERJEE
First Assistant Directors will be Me, Sangeeta Mehta and Anand Majumdar

The play is very interesting has multiple characters in very substantial roles.. All in all it is a great start for people who have the love for acting and want to be there up on stage..

There are other people in the production team and we plan to start really soon.. If you are interested in auditioning for it, please reply to this thread or mail me at sangeeta.m.mehta@gmail.com

thanks
sangeeta
sangeeta
sangeeta

Female
Number of posts : 127
Job/hobbies : dancing, acting, travelling, reading
My Salsa Skill Level :
Acting Course with Opportunity to act in a real play and be on stage Left_bar_bleue35 / 10035 / 100Acting Course with Opportunity to act in a real play and be on stage Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-09-28

Back to top Go down

Acting Course with Opportunity to act in a real play and be on stage Empty Re: Acting Course with Opportunity to act in a real play and be on stage

Post  Kingshuk Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:07 pm

To learn acting is one thing.. to audtion and act another...why dont you keep it open for all who want to learn how to act.. and the play, well, you could still chose who should be in it.. but let all benefit from the learning
Kingshuk
Kingshuk

Male
Number of posts : 46
Job/hobbies : Msic, Dancing, Reading, Foooood !
Humor : Witty
My Salsa Skill Level :
Acting Course with Opportunity to act in a real play and be on stage Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100Acting Course with Opportunity to act in a real play and be on stage Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-08-21

Back to top Go down

Acting Course with Opportunity to act in a real play and be on stage Empty Re: Acting Course with Opportunity to act in a real play and be on stage

Post  sangeeta Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:23 pm

about 80% of the duration of the course will go into rehearsing the play.. it will be more focussed on the live play to give people exposure than anything else.. what does one do in the course if he has no role in the play.. ?
sangeeta
sangeeta

Female
My Salsa Skill Level :
Acting Course with Opportunity to act in a real play and be on stage Left_bar_bleue35 / 10035 / 100Acting Course with Opportunity to act in a real play and be on stage Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post  Kingshuk Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:34 pm

sangeeta wrote:about 80% of the duration of the course will go into rehearsing the play.. it will be more focussed on the live play to give people exposure than anything else.. what does one do in the course if he has no role in the play.. ?

Learn...but if you have planned the course in a manner where the skills will be exercised on a specific play...then its different. By the way, can you share the tittle of the play and the language .....just curious
Kingshuk
Kingshuk

Male
Number of posts : 46
Job/hobbies : Msic, Dancing, Reading, Foooood !
Humor : Witty
My Salsa Skill Level :
Acting Course with Opportunity to act in a real play and be on stage Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100Acting Course with Opportunity to act in a real play and be on stage Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post  sangeeta Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:47 pm

hi,

The play is in English and is called 'Dreamsellers". It is an entertaining comedy and has been staged before both in Delhi and Mumbai.

Please feel free to ask me if you have any further questions.

Cheers!
Sangeeta.
sangeeta
sangeeta

Female
My Salsa Skill Level :

Back to top Go down

Acting Course with Opportunity to act in a real play and be on stage Empty INTERESTING FOR AN AUDITION

Post  shailesh Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:13 am

Hello Sangita,

This is shailesh. As informed by Anand sir I would like to come for an audition for the selection round. Please do contact me on my mob. 9892934331.

Kind Regards,
Shailesh
shailesh
shailesh

Male
Number of posts : 1
Job/hobbies : EGYPT AIRWAYS
Humor : DANCE
My Salsa Skill Level :
Acting Course with Opportunity to act in a real play and be on stage Left_bar_bleue3 / 1003 / 100Acting Course with Opportunity to act in a real play and be on stage Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-01-14

Back to top Go down

Post  kumar Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:57 pm

HI Anand/Sangeeta,

Pls condider my candidature for the audition

Kumar
kumar
kumar
Cool Member
Cool Member

Male
Number of posts : 42
My Salsa Skill Level :
Acting Course with Opportunity to act in a real play and be on stage Left_bar_bleue50 / 10050 / 100Acting Course with Opportunity to act in a real play and be on stage Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-08-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:34 pm

sangeeta wrote:hi,

The play is in English and is called 'Dreamsellers". It is an entertaining comedy and has been staged before both in Delhi and Mumbai.

Please feel free to ask me if you have any further questions.

Cheers!
Sangeeta.

whn r d rehearsals strtin nd whr is d show nd also whn r d auditions????

Back to top Go down

Post  AnandMajumdar Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:53 pm

dear aman,

he director of the play has specified that the applicant for the audition and play needs to be an adult .. is this for u or for a friend above the age eligibility ?
AnandMajumdar
AnandMajumdar
Founder - QuickstepSALSA Forum
Founder - QuickstepSALSA Forum

Male
Number of posts : 549
Job/hobbies : Salsa Teacher
My Salsa Skill Level :
Acting Course with Opportunity to act in a real play and be on stage Left_bar_bleue50 / 10050 / 100Acting Course with Opportunity to act in a real play and be on stage Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-08-13

http://www.anandmajumdar.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down