Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Make an Enquiry
Call us Now!
+91-9820399296
Our Studio Locations

View QuickstepSALSA Centre Locations in a larger map
Latest topics
» Body Isolations and Coordination by Burju
You like faster or slower track to dance? EmptyTue Apr 08, 2014 12:04 am by renata

» Amazing spinning videos
You like faster or slower track to dance? EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 10:27 pm by billymarsh

» International Salsa Greats
You like faster or slower track to dance? EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 10:24 pm by billymarsh

» Movies about ballroom/latin dancing?
You like faster or slower track to dance? EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 10:22 pm by billymarsh

» Dance Floor Etiquette
You like faster or slower track to dance? EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 11:12 pm by billymarsh

» Dancing On1 and On2 compared
You like faster or slower track to dance? EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 11:09 pm by billymarsh

» Why won't men ask me to dance?
You like faster or slower track to dance? EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 11:05 pm by billymarsh

» Intro :)
You like faster or slower track to dance? EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 11:46 am by Gaurav

» INTRODUCTION
You like faster or slower track to dance? EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 2:22 pm by Alpa Antani

» Tips on Choreography (group performances)
You like faster or slower track to dance? EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 2:24 pm by sangeeta

» Spinning Techniques
You like faster or slower track to dance? EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 12:58 pm by bhakti

» hello to all
You like faster or slower track to dance? EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 2:08 pm by bhakti

» EVENTS COMING UP IN JUNE!
You like faster or slower track to dance? EmptyMon May 16, 2011 3:17 pm by sangeeta

» SOCIAL DANCING vs. CHOREOGRAPHY
You like faster or slower track to dance? EmptyMon May 16, 2011 3:03 pm by sangeeta

» Miss The Wonderful Classes
You like faster or slower track to dance? EmptyMon May 09, 2011 12:33 pm by sangeeta

Video of the day

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 168 on Wed May 15, 2019 5:23 am
Donations

If your heart permits, click on the picture to donate a little and keep our site high quality and Ad-free
Site Visitors
centerpointe

You like faster or slower track to dance?

+10
Saket
sachisin
Joy in Motion
shefalika
godric
E.S.Mahesh
ashwini
AnandMajumdar
HANA (Bhawana Ahuja)
ashishsax
14 posters

:: Resources :: Music

Go down

Fast or Slow?

You like faster or slower track to dance? Vote_lcap14%You like faster or slower track to dance? Vote_rcap 14% 
[ 2 ]
You like faster or slower track to dance? Vote_lcap21%You like faster or slower track to dance? Vote_rcap 21% 
[ 3 ]
You like faster or slower track to dance? Vote_lcap57%You like faster or slower track to dance? Vote_rcap 57% 
[ 8 ]
You like faster or slower track to dance? Vote_lcap7%You like faster or slower track to dance? Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 14

You like faster or slower track to dance? Empty You like faster or slower track to dance?

Post  Guest Mon Sep 01, 2008 2:42 am

Other than just voting, do give your comments.
Flood the forum!

Back to top Go down

You like faster or slower track to dance? Empty Re: You like faster or slower track to dance?

Post  ashishsax Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:36 pm

medium followed by fast... followed by very fast... then a slow track(wen i'm exhausted.... & the girl is DEAD Shocked )
ashishsax
ashishsax

Male
Number of posts : 118
Job/hobbies : IT
My Salsa Skill Level :
You like faster or slower track to dance? Left_bar_bleue55 / 10055 / 100You like faster or slower track to dance? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-08-27

Back to top Go down

You like faster or slower track to dance? Empty Re: You like faster or slower track to dance?

Post  HANA (Bhawana Ahuja) Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:25 pm

YO!
very true ashish..
HANA (Bhawana Ahuja)
HANA (Bhawana Ahuja)
Trusty Member
Trusty Member

Female
Number of posts : 16
Job/hobbies : PR Professional/Dance, anything psychology related, painting, blogging, trekking, talking a lot....n
My Salsa Skill Level :
You like faster or slower track to dance? Left_bar_bleue10 / 10010 / 100You like faster or slower track to dance? Right_bar_bleue

http://www.hana-mycollection.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  AnandMajumdar Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:57 pm

my personal preference is to always start with a very slow track.. and romantic..i dont like reggaeton or hiphop tracks too much

anand
AnandMajumdar
AnandMajumdar
Founder - QuickstepSALSA Forum

Male
Number of posts : 549
Job/hobbies : Salsa Teacher
My Salsa Skill Level :
You like faster or slower track to dance? Left_bar_bleue50 / 10050 / 100You like faster or slower track to dance? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-08-13

http://www.anandmajumdar.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ashwini Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:34 pm

its fun dancing on fast numbers

ashwini

Female
Number of posts : 18
Job/hobbies : Dancing,Trekking,Reading
My Salsa Skill Level :
You like faster or slower track to dance? Left_bar_bleue10 / 10010 / 100You like faster or slower track to dance? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

You like faster or slower track to dance? Empty You like faster or slower track to dance?

Post  E.S.Mahesh Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:56 pm

Ashwini,

Dancing on first Number is fine,

ESM
E.S.Mahesh
E.S.Mahesh

Male
Number of posts : 100
Job/hobbies : Civil structural Engineer, Hobbies - Reading , Football, and yoga.. and SALSA
Humor : All my jokes are on me..I like to laugh at myself..
My Salsa Skill Level :
You like faster or slower track to dance? Left_bar_bleue6 / 1006 / 100You like faster or slower track to dance? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  E.S.Mahesh Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:57 pm

E.S.Mahesh wrote:Ashwini,

Dancing on FAST Number is fine,

ESM
E.S.Mahesh
E.S.Mahesh

Male
Number of posts : 100
Job/hobbies : Civil structural Engineer, Hobbies - Reading , Football, and yoga.. and SALSA
Humor : All my jokes are on me..I like to laugh at myself..
My Salsa Skill Level :
You like faster or slower track to dance? Left_bar_bleue6 / 1006 / 100You like faster or slower track to dance? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:44 pm

hi,

i would love to dance on slow and fast tracks depending on the partner. if i would be dancing with my girlfriend i would surely prefer a slow track and if i would be dancing with a great salsa dancer or with my friends i would prefer fast track....

with lots of love,
aman

Back to top Go down

Post  godric Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:40 pm

my pick is fast songs....
dancing on fast numbers is fun provided u get the beat right throughout the song.. many a time we may go off beat..which makes teh dance look bad and the couple dancing doesn enjoy coz each one is dancing to a different beat !
godric
godric
Excellent Member
Excellent Member

Female
Number of posts : 55
My Salsa Skill Level :
You like faster or slower track to dance? Left_bar_bleue1 / 1001 / 100You like faster or slower track to dance? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-08-17

http://aisha7.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  shefalika Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:46 pm

i like fast tracks ..
U get energised even wen the beat starts .. everybody's feet start tapping ..ready to dance ..

shefalika

Female
Number of posts : 10
My Salsa Skill Level :
You like faster or slower track to dance? Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100You like faster or slower track to dance? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Joy in Motion Sun Oct 12, 2008 2:41 am

It definitely depends on the song. If a song is kickin', I love dancing to it whether it's slow or faster.

However, does anyone else notice that everyone seems to have a personal speed of comfort? I find that my body falls very naturally into medium-fast tempos. I can do faster or slower, but my body feels very natural at a particular speed. And when I am going through a move or something else without music, my body naturally moves at a particular speed. I have noticed this with other dancers as well. Some naturally gravitate to certain tempos.

For me, I think this has to do with my ability to move my hips. When a song is too fast, I find that I don't have time to really push through each step so as to accept the hips, so I almost feel too rushed to be able to move in a way that is comfortable and that I feel looks the best. And when a song is too slow (in comparison to my natural comfort zone), I feel like I have to really roll through and overaccentuate everything so that I am filling all that extra time in those basics. Doesn't feel uncomfortable, but there are times when I really just want to dance to songs that fit my body the best.

Maybe it's just me... Very Happy

But it's an interesting topic.
Joy in Motion
Joy in Motion
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female
Number of posts : 44
Job/hobbies : Dancing, Teaching, Writing, Languages, Sports, Traveling
My Salsa Skill Level :
You like faster or slower track to dance? Left_bar_bleue60 / 10060 / 100You like faster or slower track to dance? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-09-16

http://joy-in-motion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  AnandMajumdar Sun Oct 12, 2008 3:55 am

i totally agree with you, karin.. yes fast tracks sometime dont give an opportunity to "Feel" the dance the way its meant. though for performances fast tracks are usually selected to give that high energy and impact, but personally i like slow numbers.. not very slow but moderately slow.. corazon partio, mori, etc are nice speed for me .. fast tracks vehicle/tu carrito (carlos oliva) are nice, but i would give them second preference Smile

im planning many things for the forum.. if u would have noticed that we are just 2 months old Smile, but we tried to do our best ..

by the way i need some feedback from you about the layout/visual design and usefulness of our forum to salsa dancers.. are we missing out anything..?

keep posting..

anand
AnandMajumdar
AnandMajumdar

Male
Number of posts : 549
Job/hobbies : Salsa Teacher
My Salsa Skill Level :
You like faster or slower track to dance? Left_bar_bleue50 / 10050 / 100You like faster or slower track to dance? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-08-13

http://www.anandmajumdar.com

Back to top Go down

You like faster or slower track to dance? Empty hi

Post  sachisin Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:14 am

hi anand i love to dance on slower tracks,it takes u in to a romantic mood. Very Happy
AnandMajumdar wrote:i totally agree with you, karin.. yes fast tracks sometime dont give an opportunity to "Feel" the dance the way its meant. though for performances fast tracks are usually selected to give that high energy and impact, but personally i like slow numbers.. not very slow but moderately slow.. corazon partio, mori, etc are nice speed for me .. fast tracks vehicle/tu carrito (carlos oliva) are nice, but i would give them second preference Smile

im planning many things for the forum.. if u would have noticed that we are just 2 months old Smile, but we tried to do our best ..

by the way i need some feedback from you about the layout/visual design and usefulness of our forum to salsa dancers.. are we missing out anything..?

keep posting..

anand
sachisin
sachisin

Male
Number of posts : 6
My Salsa Skill Level :
You like faster or slower track to dance? Left_bar_bleue22 / 10022 / 100You like faster or slower track to dance? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

You like faster or slower track to dance? Empty perfect

Post  sachisin Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:32 am

well,i dnt think anand that u r missing anything on this forum,
u design it really very well,but in future if i'll feel something is missing which u can upgrade
i'll definetly let u know. geek s1
sachisin
sachisin

Male
Number of posts : 6
My Salsa Skill Level :
You like faster or slower track to dance? Left_bar_bleue22 / 10022 / 100You like faster or slower track to dance? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post  Saket Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:44 pm

Well in fast tracks I have noticed that sometimes girls start leading themselves...in slower tracks that is not the case... Embarassed
Saket
Saket
Trusty Member
Trusty Member

Male
Number of posts : 49
Job/hobbies : Writing
My Salsa Skill Level :
You like faster or slower track to dance? Left_bar_bleue30 / 10030 / 100You like faster or slower track to dance? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post  DJ - Deva Jyotula Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:56 am

Slow seems romantic...
Fast seems passionate......

I like all types..... Just play it............
DJ - Deva Jyotula
DJ - Deva Jyotula

Male
Number of posts : 201
Job/hobbies : Travelling, Photography, treks n driving.....
Humor : sarcastic.. lol
My Salsa Skill Level :
You like faster or slower track to dance? Left_bar_bleue1 / 1001 / 100You like faster or slower track to dance? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-11-13

http://mindyourownbusiness.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:12 am

i luv slow track whn i dance wid my close frnd...
nd fast sng if i dance wid a dancer whu is nt intrstd or is nt beautiful.......lol!

Back to top Go down

Post  DJ - Deva Jyotula Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:14 am

I like slow track when i am dancing with my GF

I like fast track when i am dancing with somebody else's GF.... he he he
DJ - Deva Jyotula
DJ - Deva Jyotula

Male
My Salsa Skill Level :

Back to top Go down

Post  chitlangiya Thu Nov 20, 2008 3:51 pm

I prefer Fast track through out the party,

The Music should have Zeal in it, which pull people on the floor and enjoy dance.

And for all those guys who wants slow music to enjoy dance with their Girls, had u thought about the guys who are alone or are dancing with your Girl ? Twisted Evil

Cheers

Shubham Chitlangiya

Last edited by chitlangiya on Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:01 pm; edited 2 times in total

chitlangiya
Trusty Member
Trusty Member

Male
Number of posts : 26
My Salsa Skill Level :

Registration date : 2008-11-10

Back to top Go down

Post  DJ - Deva Jyotula Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:51 pm

As far as i am concerned.....

DJ is a democratic guy....... I cant get committed to one girl n do injustice to the rest...... Laughing

And for the rest also.... there are enough decent girls.... We should all thank anand for the same.

Anand .. keep getting bigger nos n better ones.....
DJ - Deva Jyotula
DJ - Deva Jyotula

Male
My Salsa Skill Level :

Back to top Go down

Post  alfreda Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:32 pm

atm with a salsa skill level of "1" i'd have to vouch for the slow tracks just so i can get the routines right. else with the fast tracks, for me personally, confusion seems to reign high.
alfreda
alfreda
Trusty Member
Trusty Member

Female
Number of posts : 14
Job/hobbies : books.movies.music
My Salsa Skill Level :

Registration date : 2008-11-20

Back to top Go down

Post  DJ - Deva Jyotula Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:50 pm

Same pinch

Even my skill level is "1"

Actually its Zero. Acha lagega karke I kept it as "1" pirat
DJ - Deva Jyotula
DJ - Deva Jyotula

Male
My Salsa Skill Level :

Back to top Go down

Post  mrthought Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:10 pm

medium followed by slow... followed by fast... then a fast track Very Happy

Great Ocean Road Day Tours
Brazil Carnival

mrthought

Male
Number of posts : 4
My Salsa Skill Level :

Registration date : 2010-08-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

:: Resources :: Music

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum