Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Make an Enquiry
Call us Now!
+91-9820399296
Our Studio Locations

View QuickstepSALSA Centre Locations in a larger map
Latest topics
» Body Isolations and Coordination by Burju
how long does it take to learn salsa completely? EmptyTue Apr 08, 2014 12:04 am by renata

» Amazing spinning videos
how long does it take to learn salsa completely? EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 10:27 pm by billymarsh

» International Salsa Greats
how long does it take to learn salsa completely? EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 10:24 pm by billymarsh

» Movies about ballroom/latin dancing?
how long does it take to learn salsa completely? EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 10:22 pm by billymarsh

» Dance Floor Etiquette
how long does it take to learn salsa completely? EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 11:12 pm by billymarsh

» Dancing On1 and On2 compared
how long does it take to learn salsa completely? EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 11:09 pm by billymarsh

» Why won't men ask me to dance?
how long does it take to learn salsa completely? EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 11:05 pm by billymarsh

» Intro :)
how long does it take to learn salsa completely? EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 11:46 am by Gaurav

» INTRODUCTION
how long does it take to learn salsa completely? EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 2:22 pm by Alpa Antani

» Tips on Choreography (group performances)
how long does it take to learn salsa completely? EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 2:24 pm by sangeeta

» Spinning Techniques
how long does it take to learn salsa completely? EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 12:58 pm by bhakti

» hello to all
how long does it take to learn salsa completely? EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 2:08 pm by bhakti

» EVENTS COMING UP IN JUNE!
how long does it take to learn salsa completely? EmptyMon May 16, 2011 3:17 pm by sangeeta

» SOCIAL DANCING vs. CHOREOGRAPHY
how long does it take to learn salsa completely? EmptyMon May 16, 2011 3:03 pm by sangeeta

» Miss The Wonderful Classes
how long does it take to learn salsa completely? EmptyMon May 09, 2011 12:33 pm by sangeeta

Video of the day

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 168 on Wed May 15, 2019 5:23 am
Donations

If your heart permits, click on the picture to donate a little and keep our site high quality and Ad-free
Site Visitors
centerpointe

how long does it take to learn salsa completely?

3 posters

Go down

how long does it take to learn salsa completely? Empty how long does it take to learn salsa completely?

Post  sangeeta Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:49 am

Hi,
Many students often ask me "how long will it take me to learn salsa completely"...well i found an article that will answer this question:

"Learning Plateaus for Salsa Dancing

Everyone has learning phases, it's like climbing a mountain. The biggest is in the first year of learning. At some point you will plateau 'level off', it's where you reach a certain level where you feel as though you can't learn any more, or not progressing at the same rate, this may even seem to feel as though you are going backwards!

The trick is to keep on going until you break through your plateau and then you will be on your next learning phase. Breaking through a plateau is an awesome feeling!
Yes you will plateau again & again & again.

If you feel like you've "learnt it all or Plateau'd" there are always more things to learn. It's essential to keep an 'open mind' to pick up on the small things which are actually "big" things! Sometimes going back a level to relearn or practice the fundamentals make a huge difference. These are the keys to breaking your plateaus.

You can never learn to much in dance classes, there are always many benefits of keeping going & going even when you think you've learnt enough, i.e. learnt so many combos's. Actually combinations & variations on dance moves taught in classes are used as tools to teach you more skills & technique, the more you learn the more you can do with ease.

Regular classes pay off in accumulating to your own style/flavour, flow, feel of the music, partnering, body movement & styling. The more you do the easier it gets, even if you consciously don't remember, you do actually absorb it all....it will all come out somewhere in your dancing. For guys, moves & combos start happening without realising, you be able to put its together with more flow. For females, you'll be able to follow better with awesome style.

An interesting thing about learning, the more you learn & the more you break your plateaus the more you relise there is more to learn. This is the great part about Salsa dance, there is always more... & its fun!"
sangeeta
sangeeta

Female
Number of posts : 127
Job/hobbies : dancing, acting, travelling, reading
My Salsa Skill Level :
how long does it take to learn salsa completely? Left_bar_bleue35 / 10035 / 100how long does it take to learn salsa completely? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-09-28

Back to top Go down

how long does it take to learn salsa completely? Empty Re: how long does it take to learn salsa completely?

Post  AnandMajumdar Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:01 pm

there are two answers

1. in one session at a nightclub with a pretty girl dancing with you
2. a lifetime

Smile
anand
AnandMajumdar
AnandMajumdar
Founder - QuickstepSALSA Forum
Founder - QuickstepSALSA Forum

Male
Number of posts : 549
Job/hobbies : Salsa Teacher
My Salsa Skill Level :
how long does it take to learn salsa completely? Left_bar_bleue50 / 10050 / 100how long does it take to learn salsa completely? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-08-13

http://www.anandmajumdar.com

Back to top Go down

how long does it take to learn salsa completely? Empty Re: how long does it take to learn salsa completely?

Post  jhkotak Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:55 pm

Dear Anand,

In 1 session, one is sure to step on the toes Embarassed

& that's it

End to the salsa learning for lifetime pirat ( Black eye is additional bonus )

So you are right Very Happy

Rgds
Jayesh

jhkotak
jhkotak

Male
Number of posts : 7
My Salsa Skill Level :
how long does it take to learn salsa completely? Left_bar_bleue18 / 10018 / 100how long does it take to learn salsa completely? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-01-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down