Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Make an Enquiry
Call us Now!
+91-9820399296
Our Studio Locations

View QuickstepSALSA Centre Locations in a larger map
Latest topics
» Body Isolations and Coordination by Burju
Synopsis....!!!! EmptyTue Apr 08, 2014 12:04 am by renata

» Amazing spinning videos
Synopsis....!!!! EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 10:27 pm by billymarsh

» International Salsa Greats
Synopsis....!!!! EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 10:24 pm by billymarsh

» Movies about ballroom/latin dancing?
Synopsis....!!!! EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 10:22 pm by billymarsh

» Dance Floor Etiquette
Synopsis....!!!! EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 11:12 pm by billymarsh

» Dancing On1 and On2 compared
Synopsis....!!!! EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 11:09 pm by billymarsh

» Why won't men ask me to dance?
Synopsis....!!!! EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 11:05 pm by billymarsh

» Intro :)
Synopsis....!!!! EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 11:46 am by Gaurav

» INTRODUCTION
Synopsis....!!!! EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 2:22 pm by Alpa Antani

» Tips on Choreography (group performances)
Synopsis....!!!! EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 2:24 pm by sangeeta

» Spinning Techniques
Synopsis....!!!! EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 12:58 pm by bhakti

» hello to all
Synopsis....!!!! EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 2:08 pm by bhakti

» EVENTS COMING UP IN JUNE!
Synopsis....!!!! EmptyMon May 16, 2011 3:17 pm by sangeeta

» SOCIAL DANCING vs. CHOREOGRAPHY
Synopsis....!!!! EmptyMon May 16, 2011 3:03 pm by sangeeta

» Miss The Wonderful Classes
Synopsis....!!!! EmptyMon May 09, 2011 12:33 pm by sangeeta

Video of the day

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 168 on Wed May 15, 2019 5:23 am
Donations

If your heart permits, click on the picture to donate a little and keep our site high quality and Ad-free
Site Visitors
centerpointe

Synopsis....!!!!

4 posters

Go down

Synopsis....!!!! Empty Synopsis....!!!!

Post  Priyank Wed May 06, 2009 5:31 pm

Hey guys and gals.....I guess we all will agree unanimously that last Monday's session with Meenu was......again a "gala time" for all of us.......a very nicely choreographed combination.....with lots of "clear cut" basic steps and easy/manageable cross-body turns/spot turns.....the best part was the pace at which we progressed during the class....(gradually picking up the speed by the end of the session)......I loved the way each step was explained and demonstrated absolutely "thread-bare".......moreover we learnt a new basic step called the "side basic" (though I know one more...which I had watched on youtube).....the "Titanic step" and the "Magic step"......with lots of tips from Meenu about "shines" and "how to manoeuvre your steps to avoid bumping into your partner" (remember she showed us the side basic step at this point) and "Correct use of holding the hands of your partner while giving her a spin" (please recall she said something about the rolling action of your hands/fingers)......and yes all this "clubbed" with an excellent sense of humour......actually added to a quicker learning experience....!!!!!!

But any learning process would be incomplete without a critical feed back from the dancing partners and the instructors......so I would request all the students in the class and on the forum to kindly share their experiences or any problems with others......our mutual feedbacks are inevitably important for understanding where we are going wrong........I have kept on saying that some ladies keep their hands and posture very stiff...........which leads them to wobble out of control during a spot-turn and cross body turn or else leads to an undesirable locking of hands during some complicated moves..........by the way thanks "Mahek".....for reminding me that at times even I keep my hands a bit stiff....and for teaching me the right way......I have definitely taken a note of it.....!!!!!

Mutual feedbacks awaited.....!!!!
Ciao........and keep practicing...!!!!
Priyank
Priyank
Trusty Member
Trusty Member

Male
Number of posts : 14
Job/hobbies : Job: Banker, Hobbies: well...travelling, dancing, sketching, origami and adventure sports
Humor : generally friendly & quick-witted....sometimes sarcastic....!!!
My Salsa Skill Level :
Synopsis....!!!! Left_bar_bleue1 / 1001 / 100Synopsis....!!!! Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-04-26

Back to top Go down

Synopsis....!!!! Empty Re: Synopsis....!!!!

Post  Deepika Thu May 07, 2009 5:53 pm

Salsa always lights up my day..classes r soooooper fun... cheers

The problem with me though, is that since we do a single combo per class...i know exactly what comes next, irrespective of whether my partner does, which tends to make me lead myself..and sometimes, my partner too, which i think/realize/have been told, salsa is sooooo not about Embarassed Sowieeee...
And if im not forewarned, i falter when someone tries a move thats not part of the combo making me look like a complete doofus Exclamation Embarassed However, the good thing is that we DO get to dance with multiple partners, giving us a chance to get acquainted with the different ways that we "can be led".
Im guessing the salsa nite wud help a great deal too when it comes to this, when i REALLY gotta be sensitive to following a lead and actually pulling it off right...
Deepika
Deepika
Trusty Member
Trusty Member

Female
Number of posts : 4
Job/hobbies : Architecture...Reading,Writing,Dancing,Pottery
Humor : Sarcastic,witty...anything-minus-'Slapstick'
My Salsa Skill Level :

Registration date : 2009-04-07

Back to top Go down

Post  meenakshi Fri May 08, 2009 12:28 am

Deepika it does take some time to "give in" completely and just follow. I too use to lead myself when I started dancing-well I still do it sometimes Wink-but being conscious and realising that you are self-leading is the first step to good following. The more alert you are , the more you will make an effort -each time you change a partner in class- to try and loosen up on your hands. And this will then eventually lead into a habit of "Letting it go".

Though one cannot perfect on the following, unless your footwork for all your basic steps is mastered. And that would definately require some efforts and practice.

As far as the Salsa night is concerned , this is THE opportunity where you can put your knowledge to test. You will not know what the guy is going to lead you for, but don't worry, you may fumble, but start afresh and catch up.This will help you improve your skills as a follower.

Geniuses are not made in a day. We all have to LEARN.

Happy Dancing to all and looking forward to seeing you all at the Salsa nite........

Love,
Meenakshi Smile
meenakshi
meenakshi
Excellent Member
Excellent Member

Female
Number of posts : 189
Job/hobbies : Architecture,Dance and travel........
Humor : Friendly, sometimes witty
My Salsa Skill Level :

Registration date : 2008-11-13

Back to top Go down

Post  meenakshi Fri May 08, 2009 12:32 am

To improve your leading and following skills ,please refer some wonderful articles posted in the "Leading and following" section on the forum.
meenakshi
meenakshi
Excellent Member
Excellent Member

Female
Number of posts : 189
Job/hobbies : Architecture,Dance and travel........
Humor : Friendly, sometimes witty
My Salsa Skill Level :

Registration date : 2008-11-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Deepika Fri May 08, 2009 12:37 am

i DIDDD i didddd...i spend wayyy too much time here tongue Smile

Some of the stuff there is really technical...i guess v need more practice to understand what a LOTTT of it means...
Deepika
Deepika
Trusty Member
Trusty Member

Female
Number of posts : 4
Job/hobbies : Architecture...Reading,Writing,Dancing,Pottery
Humor : Sarcastic,witty...anything-minus-'Slapstick'
My Salsa Skill Level :

Registration date : 2009-04-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Priyank Fri May 08, 2009 1:57 am

Ya even I did...go thru these articles on "Leading and Following".........and yes its true that most of the gals do anticipate the moves and lead themselves.....which actually slackens the hand grip while leading a lady........so when the guy actually tries to pull and lead the lady she doesn't get any clue what the guy is actually trying to tell her.....(also becoz she already knows the combo)......I would also like to bring to everybody's notice that 'Anand", during the Weds' session, told a very interesting fact (which ofcourse I had already learnt earlier, courtesy : youtube) and that is the pace or the rhythm of salsa......1,2,3.....5,6,7...goes as "fast-fast-slow, fast-fast-slow"......please keep this in mind everytime we practice....coz doing it with the same pace actually disturbs the rhythm leading to the gal or the guy completing there respective basic step earlier then their partner.......resulting in....guess what ?????......"confusion".......I have noticed this most of the times in the class....that whenever I complete my basic step....either the gal is still on the 5,6,7 or has already completed it and started 1,2,3 afresh......moreover....inspite of the clear instructions from the instructor that the gals should place their hands on their tummies.....while doing their spins or spot turns they tend to keep it away from their bodies or simply let it go bersek in air.....hitting the guys in the wrong places.....(gals it hurts....).....by the way....we got an excellent practice session in Wed's class.....the combo was made to seep into our blood stream.....great going......thanks Anand and Meenu......!!!!

Ciao.....and keep practicing....!!!!!
Priyank
Priyank
Trusty Member
Trusty Member

Male
Number of posts : 14
Job/hobbies : Job: Banker, Hobbies: well...travelling, dancing, sketching, origami and adventure sports
Humor : generally friendly & quick-witted....sometimes sarcastic....!!!
My Salsa Skill Level :

Registration date : 2009-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post  AnandMajumdar Fri May 08, 2009 2:10 am

hey priyank and deepika,

good to see u guys participating here ... and listen carefully to what meenu has to say.. she has a lot of wisdom in her.. and is a great teacher too as u all know...

any specific questions or queries u have..just ask me

love
anand
AnandMajumdar
AnandMajumdar
Founder - QuickstepSALSA Forum
Founder - QuickstepSALSA Forum

Male
Number of posts : 549
Job/hobbies : Salsa Teacher
My Salsa Skill Level :
Synopsis....!!!! Left_bar_bleue50 / 10050 / 100Synopsis....!!!! Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-08-13

http://www.anandmajumdar.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum