Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Make an Enquiry
Call us Now!
+91-9820399296
Our Studio Locations

View QuickstepSALSA Centre Locations in a larger map
Latest topics
» Body Isolations and Coordination by Burju
My personal article : When will i begin to enjoy dancing ? EmptyTue Apr 08, 2014 12:04 am by renata

» Amazing spinning videos
My personal article : When will i begin to enjoy dancing ? EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 10:27 pm by billymarsh

» International Salsa Greats
My personal article : When will i begin to enjoy dancing ? EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 10:24 pm by billymarsh

» Movies about ballroom/latin dancing?
My personal article : When will i begin to enjoy dancing ? EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 10:22 pm by billymarsh

» Dance Floor Etiquette
My personal article : When will i begin to enjoy dancing ? EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 11:12 pm by billymarsh

» Dancing On1 and On2 compared
My personal article : When will i begin to enjoy dancing ? EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 11:09 pm by billymarsh

» Why won't men ask me to dance?
My personal article : When will i begin to enjoy dancing ? EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 11:05 pm by billymarsh

» Intro :)
My personal article : When will i begin to enjoy dancing ? EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 11:46 am by Gaurav

» INTRODUCTION
My personal article : When will i begin to enjoy dancing ? EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 2:22 pm by Alpa Antani

» Tips on Choreography (group performances)
My personal article : When will i begin to enjoy dancing ? EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 2:24 pm by sangeeta

» Spinning Techniques
My personal article : When will i begin to enjoy dancing ? EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 12:58 pm by bhakti

» hello to all
My personal article : When will i begin to enjoy dancing ? EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 2:08 pm by bhakti

» EVENTS COMING UP IN JUNE!
My personal article : When will i begin to enjoy dancing ? EmptyMon May 16, 2011 3:17 pm by sangeeta

» SOCIAL DANCING vs. CHOREOGRAPHY
My personal article : When will i begin to enjoy dancing ? EmptyMon May 16, 2011 3:03 pm by sangeeta

» Miss The Wonderful Classes
My personal article : When will i begin to enjoy dancing ? EmptyMon May 09, 2011 12:33 pm by sangeeta

Video of the day

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 168 on Wed May 15, 2019 5:23 am
Donations

If your heart permits, click on the picture to donate a little and keep our site high quality and Ad-free
Site Visitors
centerpointe

My personal article : When will i begin to enjoy dancing ?

Go down

My personal article : When will i begin to enjoy dancing ? Empty My personal article : When will i begin to enjoy dancing ?

Post  AnandMajumdar Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:54 pm

When will I really begin enjoying dancing ?
- by Anand Majumdar

This is the question i have often asked my self especially when i started dancing and teaching it. Incidently i started teaching dance before dancing. A lot of the people i come across with as a result of my profession also ask me the same question.. They say that they often get so involved in getting the moves right that they cant think of anything else. Others insist that though they have the moves right, it gets too mechanical ..

So what really is the secret of enjoying dancing ?? Is it in knowing all the moves ? Or dressing well ? Or going to the best studios, nightclubs or instructors ?

Well, no. While a certain level of proficiency with the actual moves is good, that only keeps us from not enjoying it. It, in no way ensures that we do!

Cut to some personal experiences. I have had the good fortune of dancing with some very diverse people. People from different backgrounds, people who do different things, from different countries, doctors, executives, students, architects, jouralists, home-makers, young, old, ... all kinds. But what was very very surprising to me was that all these people had something common in them. They were all people.

With some of them we went out, some who we visited when they were sick, some with whom we had extended coffee sessions after every class, some who shared stories of their college, some who had valuable stuff to say about different careers. Again there was something common. Everyone had something to say and everyone made me feel a particular way. And no matter how hard i tried i couldnt shake the way i felt towards each one of them.

What i began to realise after a while was that the amount i enjoyed dancing with someone was directly proportional to the number of times i had coffee with them. And probably exponentially proportional each time they visited me or me, them.

I soon began to realise that i was at the mercy of so many people and it would dishearten me extremely if one or some of these people wouldnt come to the class for a while. It finally dawned on me that it wasnt dancing which i liked, but dancing with these people that i liked. Every month i would find newer and newer people with whom i liked to dance but "that" feeling would come back every time someone whom i knew for a long time would visit me and we would dance..

Knowing them for the people that they were and not how good they were as dancers automatically made me enjoy more with them. That really is the truth. Dancing is about proximity, connection, fun and enjoyment with PEOPLE.

What their lives are about, what bothers them, what makes them tick, are we part of their lives in some way and are they part of ours,.. the answers to some of these questions really will make us enjoy the dance a little more. Its really upto you now as to how much you wanna have fun Wink... Also i am very very bad at all this people business, i know. I hardly bother about other people as much as they do about me. But im smart enough to know that these people are these only reason i enjoy dancing..

If it werent for the people around me, those specific people, dancing would never be the same..

Anand Majumdar
AnandMajumdar
AnandMajumdar
Founder - QuickstepSALSA Forum
Founder - QuickstepSALSA Forum

Male
Number of posts : 549
Job/hobbies : Salsa Teacher
My Salsa Skill Level :
My personal article : When will i begin to enjoy dancing ? Left_bar_bleue50 / 10050 / 100My personal article : When will i begin to enjoy dancing ? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-08-13

http://www.anandmajumdar.com

Back to top Go down